residents associations in the uk

working together to create communities with a heart

Ostensibly with a view to safeguarding the public interest in relation to private use of land, the law imposes a requirement to obtain planning permission for the carrying out of any development of land. Development includes 'the carrying out of building, engineering, mining or other operations in, on, over or under land' as well as 'the making of any material change in the use of any building or other land.' Thus as a matter of principle anyone who intends to carry out any of these development activities must first apply for and obtain planning permission... more

RAUK is a Good Services Bureau Project.  We invite you to join the Good Services Bureau so that we can support you better and you can support each other.  We understand you or your RA may not be in any position to do so at this time, but please consider making a small donation towards our work. Thank you


We can't promise to fix all of your problems, but we can promise you won't have to face them alone

Can you spare an hour or two each week to help us with research for our work?  If so, please click here

This site was updated on
2nd May 2018

Please report any broken links through our Help Desk

Thank you