A code for dog walkers
The Kennel Club, the UK,s largest organisation dedicated to the health and welfare of dogs, is seeking the views of all dog walkers around the UK, to help shape a nationwide code of practice for commercial dog walkers (CDW).
In 2016, the Kennel Club will publish its first code of practice for commercial dog walkers. For people who walk other people's dogs for payment, "and to ensure that it is as effective and relevant as possible, the Kennel Club wants to know the views of commercial dog walkers, their clients and people who walk their own dogs.
The Kennel Club has launched a questionnaire, which will run until February 5 2016, for anyone who walks a dog.
Caroline Kisko, Kennel CIub Secretary said: "With the number of commercial dog walkers ever increasing, we want to provide a concise and effective code of practice lo help them operate professionally with safety and consideration at the core of their services. This will help to ensure dog owners who wish to use their services can do so knowing their dog is in good hands, the dogs themselves will be kept happy and safe, and that everyone who uses public places can do so harmoniously.
Visit www.dogwalkingsurvezorg.uk to complete the survey. Responses to the questionnaire will remain confidential and results will only be disclosed in summary form. After completing the survey participants can opt in to be kept up to date about the code of practice and enter a prize draw to win one of three pairs of day tickets to Crufts, the world's biggest and best-dog show at the NEC in Birmingham from March 10 to 13. Visit www.crufts.org.uk.
The Kennel Club
The latest links to articles below were kindly provided by Chloe from www.consumerhealthlabs.com
- Planning or Addiction Treatment - How to Ensure Your Pet’s Health and Happiness in Your Absence
- 11 cat Emergencies That Need Immediate Vet Attention
- First Aid and Emergency Care for Dog Owners
- Do You Have a Pet Emergency Preparedness Plan?
- How to Socialize a Dog and Cat
- Caring for a Terminally Ill Pet: Pet Hospice
- Putting Your Dog to Sleep - A Heart-Wrenching Kindness
- Fire Prevention, Preparedness and Recovery for Pet Owners
- Do you know what your dog is trying to tell you?
- Buying a Dog?
- Cleaning Up After Pets and Critters: The Guide to Animal and Insect Allergen-Free Homes
- The Pet Owner’s Home Safety Guide